Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday doofiness

Yesterday I prepared - "prepare ye the way of the Lord...", does any one else hear that when you hear the word "prepare" sometimes I even chair dance, anyway, today I made the meat loaf (s).


That pretty thing is one part ground beef, one part ground chicken , one part ground pork, not sausage, one part  mushrooms and a half a part chopped onions/celery/carrots plus some of my watermelon BBQ sauce and a package of onion soup mix and a healthy splash of worcestershire sauce.

That pretty thing became



These adorable things that soon became


These delicious things. I have nifty little lids for these and as soon as they are cooled they'll get popped into the freezer and wait their turn.I think the last time I did this I ended up with more loaves, but the last time I did this I had more room in the freezer and this time around the real estate is a little more pricey and there is a lot less of it. I really like being able to freeze left overs for another day but I don't have enough room right now for a lot of thinking ahead... Sadly,  I'm going to have to start cooking for one. I really need to get moving on that chest freezer.

No comments: