Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Happiness is little things

I decided to run my errands after dinner instead of during lunch. I spend so much time at Sams, I don't have to flash my card anymore.

To avoid yet another visit to Sam's and in hopes of not having to darken Walmarts door either, I headed out to Poverty Barn because you never know what you are going to find during a through search. I was there for the feral cats special kibble and hopefully, my protean bars.

I got lucky with the kibble and I found a  Low Duty hose for the backyard. I was shocked to find something marketed as Low Duty - its like trying to sell something  labeled Extra Small Condom, I just thought everything today was sold as Super Heavy Duty Xtra Large . It turns out that for less than $8 you can get a hose that as long as you don't expect it to work the whole season without going on disability, you can get a bargain. I decided that with the potato crop being the way it is going to be and where it is going to be, it would be helpful to have a hose that will more or less reach them. I was not looking forward to spending the season hauling buckets of water back and forth, So, $7.50 hose.

And no protean bars. I was going to go down the road to my Wally World when I noticed that there was a Wally World  next door to the Poverty Barn! Hassuh! I marched myself into the store and went looking for my bars, all Wally worlds are created the same right? Wrong. If you Wally isn't a Super Wally, your Wally is a merely Adequate Wally. Adequate Wally's don't carry my bars. I left.

I had resigned myself to blowing another lunch hour running errands when I decided to suck it up and buy my bars retail. I went into a Food Lion and found my bars - less than Wally! I had thought about maybe looking for my diet tea but I didn't want to jinx myself, once I got home I checked my existing  supply of said tea, and happily I can stave  off another Wally related visit until Thursday! Yay for two whole days with no Sam's Club in them!

No comments: