Thursday, July 5, 2012

So what did I do with my fabulous random day off in the middle of the week? I put up two more quarts of green beans and sorted my potatoes and I made more, better non-potato flavored ice cream!  And I corrected my hair color! Yay!

This years long term storage team



Note the tiny, soon to be mashed spuds.


But before I could tolerate spending that much time hovering over boiling water I had to do something about the heat in the house. I had initially chalked it up to a lazy heat pump and thought I would just have to suck it up. I hadn't thought about it but if the a/c is on the outside unit should but "doing" something. Mine wasn't.

My firs thought was that the electric company had messed up my unit. We have an agreement, they can turn off my a/c whenever they want to and  I got $25 from them once. So I called them and told them they messed up my unit and they sent a HVAC guy out to make sure they didn't mess up my unit. He was there two hours later, at 9:30 at night. Do you have any idea how much it would have cost me to have a tech come out from my HVAC company to come out in the middle of the night, the night before a holiday and fix my a/c?! The mind boggles.

As it turns out, it was not the electric companies problem, but he still fixed it - charged me, but I was looking down many days of heat and frustration if I called "my" guys out to fix it. I needed it fixed now and he fixed it. Thank you Jesus.

Now that I wasn't living in a big tent, I could get to some things I needed to do. Did you know if your house is too hot you can't make ice cream? Yay, and when your house is not too hot you can? Yeah, wild.

pre-ice cream, I sorted my potatoes and picked out the little bitty ones and now I have lovely mashed potatoes for three or four meals - and once cooked, potatoes freeze well. Speaking of freezing, I now have more green beans "put up".

July 4th dinner


The mashed potatoes don't really look that lavender, and the butter wasn't that buttery. The camera made some design decisions without my input. Still, an all-American meal, most of it home grown.

No comments: