Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Girls best friend

This evening instead of buckling down and writting a real entry, I did this instead:



I also chose today to be the first day since before I brought Puppy home to actually eat lunch like a grown up. I lunched with a friend from work instead of rushing home at lunch to relive my dog for the first time in four months. I might have pull the trigger too soon, to add insult to injury, I had a meeting after work and didn't get home until after five. A whole hour late. The results were predictable. I don't see myself enjoying a lunch out until he's a lot older, I had hoped that after four plus months that he might be closer  (closer? I had hoped after four months of intense training that he would be trained! He isn't any closer than he was at eight weeks! I do not believe he will ever be house broken. On the upside, I will get lots of exercise running him outside eight or nine times a day forever.) but we soldier on.

To make up for being all selfish, we took a walk and then played in the yard, he played and I played with my phone. He ultimately lost interest in his chicken and decided to join me. We spent a good forty-five minutes enjoying the night air together and not being too cold. It was nice,

But all good things have to come to an end, he was beginning to shiver and I had things to do, this  thing in particular . A pie so rich a single serving will propel you into the 1%, a pie so bad for you it will make you thankful for your gym membership, a pie so good you can sin guilt free for a good two weeks.



That's it fresh out of the oven and just after it was doused with a heated honey-lemon juice sauce. Tomorrow I make pie two.

 

No comments: