Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013!!

Well, hello!

Its been a while, you had things to do, I had things to do, but now we're both back. Yay!

I hope you had a merry Christmas and made it through New Years eve safely and had fun while you were safety doing it. I went to downtown Raleigh and watched the acorn drop at midnight



I do like ringing in the new year at actual midnight and I haven't done it in a while and it was a fun as I remembered it. I bought a horn for a dollar, and noise was made.

They had more than horns for sale


And there were rides,



I did more with my time off than enjoy myself downtown. I also did some garden prep




One day last week there was a story in the paper about the wonders of alfalfa pellets as an easy way to add nitrogen to the soil without having to plant alfalfa and tend them over the winter . I and I learned, half of Raleigh, went to the Tractor Supply in Knightdale and a good old buy carried a fifty pound bag of  alfalfa pellets out to the car for us. I scattered the pellets and I had planned on tilling the garden but  they skies opened up and helpfully rained the pellets and their nitrogen into the soil for me. The pellets swell up and disintegrate and the nitrogen is released into the soil.

Before I looked to nourishing my soil, I saw to nourishing myself.


Home made chicken soup featuring green beans, peppers and tomatoes from the garden I froze and put up in the fall. I then froze and put up the soup. The circle of life!

No comments: