Tuesday, March 26, 2013

New Door!

The new crate door arrived!



What was wrong with the old door?


The door comes with two latches, one up, one down. The crate I bought on Craigslist for $35, only locked on the upper latch. The owner fixed it when I pointed out that the crate was faulty, but unfortunately, a real fix was beyond him. The door functioned, roughly, but it wasn't really functional and it wasn't secure and that was a problem.

I did some research online and eventually was able to track down the manufacturer and with their help, ordered the correct door. It wasn't easy as the crate is a good eight years old and is not made anymore  and is a model that was among the dozens listed on the site. Petmate has outstanding customer service, should you be in the market for a dog or cat crate.


New door! It ran be $16 and saved me from having to shell out $88 for a new crate. The total is $37 less than I would have paid if I had just given up and bought a new one. Lets hear it for replacement parts!!!  Reuse, recyle, repair, repurpose!

No comments: