Monday, March 25, 2013

The joys of doing almost nothing.

There are some weekends when I can report that I did, this and this and this and this and boy was I ever busy! Goodness, I need to go back to work just to get some rest! And then there are weekends like this one. I did laundry and looked up recipes for dry dog shampoo,  priced concrete blocks and, well, that's about it, oh, and I paid my Sam's Club bill.

The only un-restful, not relaxing portion of my weekend was when I decided to wash the dog, hence the search for dry dog shampoo - because while the bath was a slightly less awful experience than the last time I gave him a bath, it was still awful and now I am desperate enough that  I'm willing to experiment with alternate remedies. And then I collapsed in front of the TV and stayed there.

I mean, Yea!!! lets her it for getting a lot of rest, which I did and for cleaning out my DVR, which I also did and  for spending a lot of time doing nothing, which I also did. I was so busy doing nothing that I let another weekend go by without watching whatever I ordered from Netflix.

While I was watching a three week old Cooking Channel special on cooking for Chinese New Year, I decided that I am going to make duck at some point. There is a very nice Asian market in Cary and they sell duck and someday when I have money again, I am going to buy one and prepare it. You gotta to dream big. There was also a nice recipe featured for baked chicken and it looked doable as well and I think I will, its always nice to have achievable dreams too.

Big weekend at the Dianaverse. I bought some carrot seeds to plant in my future bricks, so now I have to get them, carrot seeds are too small to deal with for no reason, I've never grown carrots before so this will be another new thing for Garden 2013.

No comments: