Thursday, June 13, 2013

Decisions, decisions


Well I know you care, but I got my front porch irrigation solved. I knew what I wanted to do but I had thought I was going to have to go out and buy a better sprinkler to do what I wanted. It turns out my existing sprinkler is going to do just fine. I will have to move a couple of plants so that they can get adequately watered, but that's okay.

I have a timer down in the basement that I'm going to press into service and I can get it working before I leave so the fact I have sprinkler set up on my front porch doesn't advertise too clearly that I AM OUT OF TOWN. But if I didn't, I think the sudden die off would also state pretty clearly I AM OUT OF TOWN.

I can't go out of town until I seriously start getting my shite together and get ready to go out of town because as it is now, I haven't got any clothes together, I haven't checked to see what I don' have in my travel dop kit, I haven't found my swim suit or made any tee-shirt decisions or debated if I "need" to bring  two different pairs of sweat pants or if I should bring the heavy flannel jeans at all. In a perfect world I would bring both pairs sweats - one more fitted the other loose and comfy, two pairs of jeans - a summer weight pair and the lined,  a pair of cargo paints, my capri's, a pair of dress slacks and two or three pairs of shorts. I like to keep my options open.

I'm going to have to bring tee shirts, and lots of them. Say you go for a hike and then you come back and the shirt is now all hot and sweaty and there is no AC there so the shirt stays hot and sweaty - You have to change! Now do that everyday, you go through a lot of tee shirts. And then what about if its cold?  You need long sleeves and  a sweater or hoody but you should bring a sweater anyway, they look nicer than hoodies. So I have to bring lots of shirts with various sleeve length.

And socks! You can't bring enough socks! And I don't even want to get started on the shoe situation!

I have so much work to do.

No comments: