Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Kinky Pup

When Rocket was still Future Puppy, I made plans. I thought about dogs and puppies and what I would need to get to make FP and happy and comfortable in his/her new home. I thought to myself  "What are puppies?" and the answer was "They are bad little dogs that get into things", so I thought to protect both of us from his/her bad little dog ways.


I got two of these, they are great and we have had no (thus far) problems with garbage diving. I thought I was being proactive and a good owner and my puppy would be good puppy because he was not going to be able to get into things. I helped us both by on cutting off his access to temptation. I was wrong and clearly, unimaginative.

He is a bad little dog that gets into things!

He eats my  underwear! not only is a bad he is kinky too!  While I'm gone he probably struts around the house leather suits and makes the cat wear a mask!  I bet he even really "likes" his leash too! And I am starting to think he  eats my old shoes because he enjoys being smacked with them afterwards! In a past life he lived in Berlin and owned a monkey! Gawd!

I decided hat this little infatuation of his has to be snuffed out and since I'm not actually here to stop him from doing it in person, I have to make it so he physically can't do it. I thought wanted a hamper with a lid but I wanted to start with a "soft" option first. Not at all because I went to Big Lots and they didn't carry hampers with lids  but also because I am almost certain that somewhere in this house is a heavy duty hamper with a lid that I can turn to if need be. I just have to find it and figure out what to do with what I am storing in it.



When he figures out how to get my things out of here, I'll dig out the heavier duty model but I am hopeing that is enough of a deterrent to cool his interest and make him return any one of his 1000 actual chew toys. Maybe I'll wrap them in black plastic to make them more worthy of pursuit.



I am a terrible person. yesterday marked the one year anniversary of Daisy's passing and I didn't even pause for a second to remember her. I am a bad owner. Poor Daisy! I really do miss her! She is always going to be my baby girl dog.

No comments: