Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patricks Day!


Did remarkably little over the weekend. Not much to report.

Saturday was gorgeous and Rocket and I went to the St. Patrick's Day Parade - we arrived fashionably late and had to keep moving to get any kind of view, I didn't take any pictures because 1) Rocket, and 2) I am fairly certain that it was a rerun from a prior year and some sort of super elaborate HD 3D stunt so precises was the copy of other parades. I have lots of pictures from parades in the past and if anyone wants to see images from the Raleigh St. Patrick's Day Parade (tm) let me know and I'll post them.

Rocket was a perfect gentleman and even seemed to enjoy the goings on as long as he could see what the noise as coming from - he didn't enjoy not seeing the action. I still want to figure out how to get to march him in a parade, I would join the Tarheal Weim Club, but its expensive and I don't believe in buying my friends, even if it does mean missing out on  an opportunity to be in the parade. Rocket and I are GDI.

I then took young dog home and went to Alphagal and Broskyes to eat pie and to borrow their hulla hoop. Rocket needed one for agility and now he has one. He jumps through it like a seal! I am going to figure out how to get pictures/tape because it is awesome to behold.

But before the jumping, I had to go to the mall to talk to Lenscrafters about my frames.





I want these frames. Not like these frames, I want these frames! They are exactly like my current frames, which I really like but BRIGHT BLUE! I can find them online for significantly less than what LC would charge me to order them from the store - but, I have insurance issues to deal with too. I found a source online but I need to know if my insurance company would be willing to be my partner in this project or if they will deny me and make me pay for them myself, adding to my out of pocket  uncovered experiences as they stand (historically) for the lenses. I spoke with LC and they are cool with me bringing in frames, although they will charge me full price for the lenses - right now they are having a deal that they won't be having in a couple of months when I am getting new glasses, natch.

I am totally willing to have LC order them and have my insurance pay for them and my lenses if its cheaper in the long run for me.

Monday we get out new operation system for our computers at work and it is going to be a really super day with huge opportunity for our whole team for learning new things! Yay!

No comments: