Tuesday, March 18, 2014

If doggy ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.


Its March. I left work accompanied by sleet and rain. It was just about freezing. Right now it is freezing.

I felt bad as I left work because it got really clear really fast that I was  not walking Rocket this evening. I changed my mind on that as soon as I got home and got him out in the sleet and saw how unhappy he was. I decided that  depriving him of the cold and wet and keeping him inside in the warm and dry, wasn't the worst thing I could do to him.

He seems to like being in snow well enough and it makes a neat sound when he walks on it - a big plus for him; It tastes good and he just seems to like being in it, sleet is not snow, it does not make a neat sound under foot, it is cold on his fur and it doesn't lend itself to eating.

Sleet is a half way kind of precipitation and Rocket is an all-the-way kind of dog. It also reminds him of rain and he doesn't like rain. So instead of a brisk walk, we took a nap. I didn't even have the energy to watch TV. Between the electric blanket and the dawg, it was about as good as it could be. If the cat would have curled up with us, I might still be asleep.

Instead I finally  woke up and made dinner for every time. Weather like this, nights like this, is why I make chicken soup, its so right, nothing else has the right vibe and nothing else can make you feel better  like chicken soup. I have some lovely pork tenderloin from Sunday night but I think it will be a better fit for Tuesday.

No comments: