Friday, May 30, 2014

Carmina Burana


I went to the store and bought way too many berries. It should be pointed out that many of the berries were on sale so  I could have spent twice as much on half as many.

So now I have berries in addition to my strawberries - which, lets be honest, you can eat too many strawberries. Its good to keep things fresh and now I am freshening things up with raspberries and blueberries.

Tonight I am going to get all cultured and go out to eat with my Mom and then we are off to see Carmina Burana . Which shockingly, is not just a random lyric in a song from Rent, who knew? The opening number of CB,  O Fortunata is used all the time to express gravitas and imminent threat in movies and commercials, so you can hum it. I love Wikipedia.I learned that CB is kind of  along the lines of slightly like Canterbury Tales, kind of, written by many people over more time in more languages. Portions of CB were put to music in the 1930s.

I'm going to put a dress on and be fancy, fancy-ish, it is Raleigh after all.


No comments: