Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday


I have been posting status updates on Operation Dog Trick, but this week in an an awkward in-between stage and it really isn't photogenic.  This part is really the hardest. I know he can do this, I know he knows
he can do this. He is going to do this.
I spent a week just getting him comfortable getting on the barrel himself and just hanging out there. I then started to edge the bricks away from the barrel so it would move a little when he was getting on and when he was actually on it. This has been challenging.

I didn't help by  getting ahead off myself and moving the bricks too far too fast so now we have to move them back a bit and start over a little. This is going to be harder than I thought, he is really good at getting on it and staying on it as long as it is not mobile, a little movement goes a long way and I am trying to get him used to having to get his balance while he's up there because its all about him getting and keeping his balance.

We have a lot of time though.

When I am not torturing the dog for my own pleasure, I torture myself. I spend the evening watching clips of Robin Williams on various TV shows over the years. Whoopie Goldburg posted an episode of of a Comic Relive themed Hollywood Squares that he was on. It made me sad.

They all make me sad and I am going to watch ALL OF THEM, do you have some I haven't seen yet? Where are they? Send me a link, the pain is healing. I really hope they televise his funeral or the service or something because we need closure.

I was somewhat, and this will sound horrible, I was "heartened" to learn he was in the early stages of Parkinsons and for me, I was like Well, that makes sense! I get it! He knew he had a terrible debilitating disease! Ah Ha! It almost made it make more sense than if he just decided to do it because he was having a bad day. We all have bad days and we all wake up in the morning and walk through the door. Does Michael J. Fox had bad days?  Did anyone call him  and set up an icon to icon  talk?

I am sad.

No comments: