Friday, September 26, 2014

Spying on my dog

Today on  Dog Spy Video : Rocket slept mostly all day right up until 2:12 pm when he suddenly woke up, paced the room, scratched at the door, stood  there at the door waiting for ... something? someone? and then peed on the floor. Ta Da. I think tomorrow I will limit how much water he drinks at lunch.

Today I tried an experiment, I called the house to see if it seemed to get his attention or distract him but it didn't seem to, because I thought maybe the phone rings and was what gets him all distracted and upset in the afternoons, he didn't seem to have any reaction to the sound.  The rest of the afternoon he hung out on the futon but seemed very alert and not calm or at ease. Yesterday he didn't so the door stuff and pacing until 3pm.

Maybe its the cat?

He is very calm and together in the morning, although today he was more alert today in the morning  hours when I looked in on him than he was yesterday. I didn't spend nearly as much time with him as I did the first day because watching the feed eats data like mad, so I had to cut back.  Sigh.

We went to Cause 4 Paws and Rocket learned that he lives for pumpkin! He loves it, he needs it, and he wants to spend more time with it. Pumpkin is super good for dogs and its a great addition to their diets - in moderation, because otherwise it gives them diarrhea. Rocket was not feeling moderation this evening - but it does make me want to make some pumpkin cookies for him.

 I need to be making cookies starting now anyway for Christmas unless I want to work like a galley slave later on and I do not, it takes a lot of the fun out of the whole thing and I end up not enjoying the process. Its too much work to do if you aren't happy in your work.

No comments: