Monday, April 27, 2015

More cabinet drama

Friday after work I hit two thrift stores and found five possible kittens for my friend searching for kittens and one possible cabinet.


I went to the store initially  because they said had this nice piece, which I would have bought on the spot.


Liars. This one was on Craigslist and I wanted it. They all ready sold it, and never removed it form the site. So customer friendly. They also can't answer their phones, deal with their email or be bothered with customer service. Lovely folks. They didn't have the one I came there for, but they did have one I could live with.


Its nice and it has some of texture I thought I wanted. But not enough and it was not really what I wanted. Also they never got back with me on a price and that cost them.

So. Saturday I was up at the crack of noon and on the road in the rain. All Day. I went to six different stores and trekked as far as Durham in search of the perfect cabinet. There are a lot of thrift stores out there, and if you are looking for some stunning mid-century lamps or some design textbook quality mid-century bedroom furniture, I can hook you up. I was not having luck finding my cabinet.

My first stop got my hopes up


It was certainly nice and it was in my price range and it would look great painted out. I had high hopes for this one - but I wanted to see what else was out there.

Answer? After hours and hours and a lot of miles, not a lot in my price range or to my taste. The one I really liked at the Durham Rescue Misson Thirft Mall, was all ready sold and the other one they had mad me sad.

So, the end of the day I went back to the first store and looked again. I still liked it but I saw another that I liked better. It was more than I wanted to spend, but they were open to negotiation and we made a great deal. Its gorgeous and solid mahogany. I'm not going to have to paint it or mess with it in anyway. Its just going to be pretty. I can't wait for it to be delivered. Yay!!!


No comments: