Tuesday, April 14, 2015

My own private Eldon


The Paint is happening. Its the Painter-ing! Tonight in our first installment, Eldon showed up on time, which was a good start. And then he threw up in my yard.

I know this because I had to go to Wally to get the dogs meds - Now $40 less then I was paying before plus the added benefit only being one pill instead of four. And this time I didn't leave in a huff, and I remembered to pick up protean bars. I still need wet dog food, but I can get that tomorrow when I make my daily trip to Wally, because doesn't everyone go to Wally every day?

Before the painter blew chunks, it turns out to be a case of Dinner at Hardys, so he's not hung over or packing illness, but just a bit of bad dinner judgment. A slab of the plaster next to my  front window collapsed ( would be covered by curtains, he's going to fix it up to make it smooth). Water damage, there is more of it around the other windows too. I told him the woodwork was in tough shape, I guess I failed to disclose the plaster was a little fragile in places. The fact I didn't know it was fragile in places probably isn't the best defense. Its an old house, shit happens.

I for got to mention yesterday that I have a new hero. It is my wheel barrow.

I heart my wheel barrow! Thanks to it I was able to unload and transport ten  forty pound bags of dirt from my car to the backyard. This would have killed me if I had to do it myself, with the wheel barrow, I hardly broke a sweat. I did discover that it could only carry two bags at a time, but it got the job done. If you don't have one, get one, they are life savers. Even if you don't use it all the time, its like the tiller - a super useful tool that you will use for years.

Speaking of gardening, I came to a descion about the watering. I'm going to use the sprikler instead of going with the soaker hoses again. Its just so much work getting them in place and I have this really great sprinkler that works like gangbusters and I have been happy with it when used elsewhere in the yard. It will water both garden areas and limit the number of hoses I have scattered all over the yard.

I will be interested to see how the as-yet-unpurchased plants feel about it long haul.

No comments: