Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Happy 3rd Anniversary Rocket!


These are from his first weekend home, Google photos is our friend. Those dates are important to me for other reasons as well.  I first looked at this house on Wednesday, September 11, 2002, when there was a rotting squirrel in the backyard perfuming the property.  I put my offer in on  Friday, September 13, 2002 .

 I can't remember what day I closed on it, but  been raining hard all day and my basement was flooded and the power was off because it hadn't been turned back on yet, so the  sump pump couldn't pump the water out and its alarm was screaming( for real, being  too close to it too frequently when it was going off destroyed the higher registers of my hearing) when I opened the door for the first time. Welcome home!

Please note I didn't know what a sump pump was much less that my house had one that it needed.  What I did know the house needed was a dog. It also needed a fence, so that happened first, but on December 21, 2002 I brought my Daisy home. She died on June 6, 2012. Rocket was born on July 15, 2012 and I brought him home on September 14, 2012. The circle of life.

No comments: