Monday, October 5, 2015


Well. It wasn't as bad as they said it was going to be, but they may have spoken too soon. My basement is still dry, but flooding after the fact is par for the course so there is still things to worry about.

The drawers got mostly painted but now aren't drying. I brought them inside to get them out of the damp and they brought the damp in with them. They managed to dry outside in the rain but now they are still dripping hours after I put on the second coat. I hadn't thought that drawer fronts would be such a pain in the arse, I had known that the dresser body was going to be a bitch, and it it was but for some reason I though that the sheer lack of acreage would make the job easier. I was wrong.

When you add all those nice drawer fronst togther, it makes for a very large peice of furniture. Its the same as a big table. A big uneven table.

And then I added to he fun by  getting very happy with a hand sander. Its a wonder tool, so much better than trying to sand by hand. A magic wand really. However, even a magic wand can be a dangerous weapon in the hands of a novice. Lesson learned : If you aren't going to take all  the paint off, don't take ANY of the paint off. It makes for an uneven surface and even if you some how manage to make it the same surface, its now a different color and a different material and it will take the paint differently. Because OF COURSE IT WILL.

So much joy in learning new things!

I wans' able to get to painting the interiours of the drawers because they were always wet and I didn't want them to be completly covered in wet paint, so now because of the weather, not a single part will be dry before Friday, I won't be able to get the job done and that makes me crazy. The longer it goes  not done the better the chance it will never getting done and it would be much better for everyone involved if I could get the job done sooner rather than later.

But then I would have had to wait to start it after it stopped raining and not started the same weekend a hurricane came through how much fun would that have been?

No comments: