Thursday, November 19, 2015

Food

I decided I need to go put gas in the car because I heard a rumor that the weather was about the change and I don't live for having to stand out in the weather to fill the car in the rain. So I did it tonight.

I decided that since I was already out and about that as long as I was out in the dark, that I was out of toothpaste and I might need more coffee and those things are both sold directly across the street from my favorite gas station. Being efficant is good.

So I go to the store with the idea that I am there for coffee and toothpaste. Simple. While I am traveling from toothpaste to coffee, I start to think about Thanksgiving and what I was going to bring, because I need to bring something that is not desert related - I am going to also make some sort of desert idea as well, but I haven't gotten that far yet. Now I am thinking about side dishes.

I found a very nice green bean casserole online and I am very excited about it, I felt that as long as I was in the store with the recipe in hand and The Day arriving quickly, that I could shop for the green bean dish since I was there in the store. Next week the stores are going to be nightmares and if I can limit my exposure to the horror, I will thank myself. I'm hoping to make up my mind desert-wise sooner rather than later.

The casserole is : Green beans, bacon, onions, mushrooms, garlic, milk, sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream,  Frenches crispy onions.  Not your Mother's green bean casserole I would image, My Mother didn't make it and I never ate it, so I don't know, it may be a very low end version of it, there may be some very fancy version that you are used to and if so, post the recipe. I think  this one  reads like it should be really good.

This is going to be a project, its going to be a good project and one that is going to be worth it, but I hope that everyone is as excited by the prospect of being faced with  a plate of fancy green bean casserole as I am.

No comments: