Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Tuesday


I looked up into ,my tree today and it made me wonder two improbable options 1) a neighbor child was building a fort or 2) there is a dam in my tree.

There is what looks like a dam in my tree! Its from dead branches that are caught up in the mess of  free range limbs and are unable to fall out of the tree. I tried to bring a couple of the smaller and lighter ones down myself from the ground, but they are woven together like, well, a damor a nest. They might have well been placed there by either an enormous bird with ADHD  or some sort of arboreal beaver.

I spent the early morning trying to figure out wich syndrome I am suffering from. I came back from my doig walk to realize that I wasn't wearing my fitbit! I am always wearing my fitbit. I all but sleep in my fitbit. It hasn't been further away than my bra strap since I got it for my birthday two years ago and this morning I couldn't find it! I remembered having it at  my little calisthenics class and I remembered it being on my clothes after I changed clothes after the class and then I remembered sitting on the edge of my bed and dealing with My Toe.

My toe nail finally came off under its own speed. Its done. Finished. I now have some sort of  Under Construction Toe Nail Space. Its not "nail" its not "toe" its an in-between  toe/nail thing... cartilage! It feels like new baby cartilage that needs to be supervised so I am keeping a bandaid over it until it grows up a little. It needs a helmet.

And in all that excitement, and it was excitement,  my fitbit disappeared. I mean after that, I changed clothes, resad for a bit and went to bed. Hours later, I got dressed, started my day and ultimately noticed I was missing something. My fitbit wasn't where it was supposed to be, no real worries there, my first guess that I had left it to charge. No joy.

Worries. I couldn't remember what I had done with it! It wasn't on my pajamas or my bra or on my workout clothes, or what I had changed into after that, it wasn't on the bed or in the bedding or next to the bed or on the bed side table or behind the table or next to it or under the bed or anywhere in the bedroom or on the bedroom floor. I know, I looked. Twice.

And then I thought : The Cats! Mostly : Tiny! Tiny, at a year old,  still sees all things as toys and would see a fitbit as a particularly great toy because it has some weight to it and it smells like me. I could only imagine where it was by now. And I was sad. In reality and now fully awake, it wouldn't have been that hard to find, as long as he only played with it over night because he is limited over night and I could in theory find it, eventually. But not before I spent an entire day with my steps uncounted! I mean really! a day unvalidated. Why even get out of bed.

And I had to go to work. Grumble damncats.

I was putting on my  make up and what was to appear: My  Darling Fitbit! on the vanity, in the bathroom where I never looked and would have never thought to have looked because fitbits do not belong in the bathroom!! I have no memory of bringing it in there or why I would have thoughtlessly left it on the counter - nevermind!  Joy and Rapture! Happy Dance of Joy!!!  Clearly whatever syndromeI  have it is it is a syndrome of not throwing myself under the bus.

No comments: