Thursday, August 31, 2017

Wednesday was a very long day



49 is not starting off very well. I went to work  even earlier than normal morning, with the plan that I was going to work very hard and make up for the fact that I was unable to complete my tasks the day before ( because the world and a rude co-worker had conspired againts me, the ride coworker was rude to caller who ended up calling me and I ended up talking to this  as it turns out nut-job person for 15 precious minutes I could have used to finish at least one part of my tasks, but No, I had to talk him down from calling our boss to complain about what a rude cow our co-worker is, she is, she really, really is but I didn't want the added stress of all of that in my life so I was extra special polite and kind and customer service positive and got the guy to forgo that unpleasantness, and instead concentrate on speaking to someone who could actually help him tomorrow.

Little did I know he would call me back every fifteen minutes all damn day today to try to get that person who was busy with other callers. He did finally get her and he was indeed, a nut-job.

The original operator didn't need to be such a raving bitch to him though, she was really rude and stupid and there is no reason to piss of the crazy- they hate it and they get very mouthy, you can be stern, they tend to recognize authority and respect it, they can be redirected, you just have to make them work with you. She's such a bitch and dealing with her - she is also, a nutjob, by the way .I was going to complete those tasks before I started on todays tasks and I was going to go on to complete those tasks and I was going to come out even. Because that's how I do business. I am not behind. I am even.

And I went in early and I turned on the machine and I put in my passwords and I got  ready to put my nose to the grindstone and greased up my elbows and  get to work and then... the Cloud was unavailable.

ALL DAMN DAY.

I was one of 24 on a different server than everyone else, everyone else would work ... up until 11:30 when even that server stopped working and they had to stop too. GOOD! I hated having to sit there and do nothing while they got to get there work done! I hate that so much. I was so mad all morning you have no idea.

All day not able to do anything. Its one thing to waste time all day when you have work to do, its quite another to have to waste time all day when you have work to do but you can't do it.

And then I came home and very quickly walked the dog and then went and phone banked for our mayer. I made 59 phone calls and only reached three people. Two of which actually did want to volunteer! I was hugely shocked.

The coordinator asked if she would see me next Wednesday and I told her I was going to a Houston fundraiser - because I am, and then she asked me if I wanted to go door to door and I told her I hate that and I would never do to again, because I hate it and I am never doing it again.

And then I came home and watched two hours of Barney Miller reruns because I love Barney Miller.


No comments: