Friday, September 1, 2017

TGIF



Today I had the yesterday I had hoped for.

I came home, ecstatic . And  then put the futon back together, the dog had used it as a chew toy again.

To make it up to myself, I bought myself a milkshake, tickets to my thirty year reunion and a DVD with three Bill Murray movies.

I also made donations to Harvey charities. That could be me, that has been me, it could be me again. I know a little about what they are feeling and what they are going to have to do in the coming days and weeks. Its not fun and it will be awful and most of them do not have insurance - they need all the help they can possibly get. I made one to a pet charity in Austin that is rescuing pets from the flooding, one to a people charity through Facebook and I bought tickets to a dinner thing next week at a bar downtown that is buying diapers to send to the area.

Go forth and donate, its a long weekend, think about how much you enjoy going to the john in your own bathroom, taking hot showers in your own shower and eating food of your choice, in your house. And then go to bed in your bed, wearing your clothes. In privacy.

No comments: