Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Lost



This morning I drove to work. To drive to work you must have the means to start your car, and I did, I was successful here. I drove to work, I turned off the car; I went to work and I worked. Finally, it was lunch time. I went back out to my car - I do have to say, I pulled out my keys while I was walking to my car, and while I was walking out to my car I looked at my keys and said "Why do they look different? What is different about these keys?" . Lalala. I'm going to go buy a new lidded cat box. Lalalala

I used the fob to get into the car and then I tried to start the car. And I learned what was different about my keys : My car key was missing. Also my church key. How was my car key missing! I got to work this morning! God Damn It. This is not happening!

My huge, fat car key was not on my key ring. It had somehow managed to escape from the ring. I looked to my purse, where it had spent the morning. Not in the purse. This was not possible. I  looked around the car, maybe it fell out next to the car. It did not fall out next to the car. I retraced my steps from the morning, maybe it was in the parking lot. It was not. Maybe it had been but the rain had washed it into one of the massive Victorian drainage  pits in the lot? Did one of the many gackles take it because it was shiney? WHERE IS MY KEY!!!???

I went back to my office and checked the rest of my route and the floor of my office. Not there. FUUUUCCCKKKKKK

I went back to my car still searching the ground, and searched for my extra key. I had thought it could be used to drive the car. Foolish girl, it can not. Its not like that, its fancy, it will open doors but not the ignition - I now thought the battery was dead and came  very close to calling AAA to jump the car.  So not only have I lost my key, my battery is dead. Kill me now. REally, this is perfect and this is my week to get play Mail Girl  and now I'm going to have to walk to the other building. Super awesome! Maybe it won't be raining.

I call my parents. Because the white flag is all I have left. No answers there either.

I go back to my office in defeat. The text to my brother asking for help is in progress when a co-worker walks into my office WITH MY KEY. She found it outside or in hallway , she doesn't remember. How long has she had it?  Doesn't matter, so haaapppppyyyy to have it back! Thannnkkk yyyoooouuuu co-worker!!!! Love You!!!!!

My battery is not dead. Later, I found my church key too, in another parking lot, a week after I was last in that lot.

No comments: