Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Tuesday



Oh, its fall now. It became fall on Sunday. I had to wear a sweater to church and it wasn't because it cute and I wanted to wear it, like I wore a sweater to work on Friday. Sunday it was legit cold and I wore a sweater and I wished I was wearing a shirt underneath it because it was cold.

Welcome to fall. I want to buy a autumnal wreath for my door! I feel like buying a pumpkin, even though its only going to rot and get gross, I want to buy the dog a halloween costume like rightnow! I want to watch football!

Yay fall. I can officially start working on my Christmas card layout and I can start beating myself up about Dog Cookies and not being further along with the process with them.

The good thing about the fall is that I now can solve the problem about What To Wear To My Highschool Reunion - I was very concerned about this. But now that it is fall, all has been come clear: Leggings, boots and Sweater-y- tunic-y things. Solved.

Still waiting for Irma to get here. We have gotten rain here and there and some wind with it, but not very much. We have been told to expect more but I'm hoping it will tire itself out. I was watching Beachfront Bargain Hunt last night and they were trying to be sensitive to the whole massive losses in the Caribbean and Florida- their happy hunting grounds from Beach Front mini mansions and over priced condos -  so pretty much the only beach front they could show in good conscience  was Oak Island, NC. Back to back. Wheee. I expect a resurgence in  shows about Lake Front Bargain Hunts and more episodes featuring  beach front further up the Atlantic coast into Canada and maybe along the Great Lakes and  maybe in Europe.

Its good to be sensitive. Also destroyed homes, smashed business, broken palm trees and  bays full of sunken yachts don't say "Come here for vaca! Spend Money Here! Oh the Memories! Sooo Sexy! What Fun!".

There will be some great real estate deals for the deep pocketed though.

I knew a couple of people in Tampa, a cousin and his family and a guy from High School. Both decided to be hardcore and stay and Stand the Storm. They both got lucky. Very, very lucky. They should be careful crossing streets, drinking diet soda and eating fish with small bones from here on out.

So now we wait. With North Carolina's luck, it will have gotten some rest and will be ready to hit the ground running and we;ll get nailed. I'll lose power and end up with five feet of water in my basement - which, my insurance will not pay for since its now because of : A) no longer a named hurricane and I'm sure we are B) no longer under a State of Emergency , C) the company will no long recognize it as anything more than a rain storm and D) I will be SOL.


I also now have to find a birthday gift for an eleven year old girl. I asked her what she wanted and she wanted a gaming console and I told her that I don't do brain rot and asked her top substitute a non-brain rotting alternative and she gave me  the name of a book series -, like the entire book series she was reading and I was like "That sounds interesting" while I was thinking I've never heard of it and so No. I think I'd rather get her a gift card at Claire's, $25 could buy half the store. Its cheap crap, but she's eleven and they like cheap crap at that age, they don't identify it as crap, they identify it has stuff they like.  Now I just have to figure out where the Clairs is.

No comments: