Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Monday


The calendar says almost fall, a week or so ago it felt fall, my tree is dropping leaves, the stores are full of halloween and thanksgiving merch and some have Christmas stuff too.

I had to shave again. I was all excited about wearing leggings and long skirts and pants again and then it got hot and I had to shave again and that is such a drag. I was all ready to not have to do that again. It's one for the upsides about winter - I don't have to mow the yard or my legs for  the foreseeable future

But ya know what? Its shorts weather again. Hello, Ms. Razer.  Its hot! I went to Sparkcon over the weekend , it was fun and there seems to be a lot of smart things to do if you wanted to go do smart things in the heat. I could have had a poem written on demand but it required I wait in a line and I wasn't willing to do that in the heat. I also hit Bugfest and if I was a "friend of the museum" I could have eaten a really interesting bug buffet, but I am not a friend of the museum and the buffet was another very long line in the heat.

Also? They were running out of butterfly wings and were only (selfishly) handing them out to children, the crowd was full of adults  with butterly wings but once I get there all of a sudden they are just for kids - Sucks for me! Actually, sucks for my dog, I still haven't found a costume for him and I kind of thought that maybe he could be a butterfly?

There is nothing out there! In other years there has been so much, so many really cool costumes in the stores but this year there is like nothing, there are only a handful of choices and most of those are for little dogs or even for cats, there are better cat costumes in the stores than there are for dogs. That is where out culture is right now. We have fallen through the mirror.

No comments: