Friday, September 8, 2017

TGIF


The back of my car looks like Santa's Worst Case Scenario Sled.

I have a case of 32oz water, a case of toilet paper, emergency chips,  a Sams club box of popcorn, two boxes of cat dust,  a box of  potty pads for the dog, two different kinds of protean bars, cans of tuna, and batteries that as it turns out, don't fit my extant flash lights. They just seemed like a good idea at the time and were the largest batteries they still had.

Maybe I can barter them for ones that do.

In the house I have found candles, matches, and hurricane lamps with a bottle of oil. My memory of them is that get very hot very fast though, so maybe limited use. I brought up my baby grill and my charcoal - not that I have anything to grill, I have dutifully used up everything in my freezer. I do have some nice soup though. I bet I can heat up soup in a pan though, on the grill? When the flames are gone? Probably should not have been so fast to recycle my old papers today, perhaps I will go back and rescue them to use as kindling.

Or...

Or I am freaking out over nothing. The storm won't come here hard. But. Tomorrow at lunch I'm getting cash out, just in case.

No comments: