Monday, October 2, 2017

And what a weekend it was



And do the weekend started off really well. Friday was Friday, and that was awesome, and Saturday was fun, I went shopping and bought a $149 dress for $29 and even better, it even fits! I don't have an event for it yet, but I think it will be nice for Christmas Mass.

And then I decided that Rocket and I needed to go downtown and see the Bluegrass festival again. It was very busy Saturday night, the sidewalk was very full. much fuller than it had been Friday night. I should have taken the hint and walked in the street, where it was also crowded but not as shoulder to shoulder as the sidewalk.

There were dogs, lots of dogs. There was a dog on the sidewalk in front of the bars that as stunning, and the people knew it too, they had the dog arranged on the sidewalk like a peice of art. I really wanted to find out more about the dog but...

There was another less artistically significant dog just beyond that dog. As Rocket and I approached it it snarled at Rocket, Rocket growled at it because he is not a total pussy, thankyouverymuch. I pulled him back because I don't want him to growl at other dogs - because been there done that and I am not going back there -  and at the point the other dog lunged forward and bit Rocket!

I didn't realize this until we had dashed away - I should have gone back to get the other owner when I saw the blood, but I didn't know how bad the injury was. I thought it was a nick. He has had such injuries at doggy daycare,  little, minor scrapes and dings. No biggy, wash it out, dab a little hydrogen peroxide on it and you're golden.

This wasn't a little ding. I should have gone back and throttled the owner! or at the very least get him to pay for this, it was not cheap.






I left the building with this intact, tried to get him in the car and it fell apart, went back and had them put it back together. It fell back apart in the car going home. It is now duct taped together and has not fallen apart since.



When he first got home he refused to eat and then he couldn't figure out how to lay down! He just stood there and swayed. It was very sad, I had to show him how to get down to the floor. Since then he's slept a lot and kind of moped. He's on a painkiller and an antibiotic and I think those are making him feel a little icky. He had a breakthrough on Saturday before all of this happened, I left him in the backyard by himself for twenty minutes! with no barking or throwing himself at the gate! I am so proud.

By Sunday, he was back to eating, but he couldn't be in his room by himself for long enough for me to take a shower. I blame the cone for that. He's going to his behaviorist tomorrow so hopefully they can help us out with that, maybe with some short term meds or with some sort of suggestion. I can't really take him to work with me for the next seven days.

No comments: