Thursday, October 12, 2017

Thursday



Today was a election day for us. Thus far my main candidate is winning! I know it was my hour and a half on the phones that one time that put her over the line. It totally wasn't that the man running againts her used language that was insulting and in my mind in bad taste after the ugly general election and he should have thought about that. I can't be the only woman who is still seething and not at all excited about voting againts a woman and for a man .

He just used a tone I didn't like and I was like, yeah, No. Can't do it. Sorry not sorry.

After workIwent back to the polls and hung aroundwith my precinct chair and we spent a lot of time with a guy handing out literature for the guy running againts Our Mayor. This guy was a true believer,  a Berniebro, I think. You could tell, it was in the blind faith. He siad he had spent a lot of time at the bus station downtown button holing people waiting to get on the buss - right up until the bus people told him they were going to call the police if he didn't leave their passengers alone


That was not what I published Tuesday night - not that it actually published, it was listed as a "draft".  Stupid Blogger. I wrote something longer and more substantive and more grammatically correct. I don't know what happened to the rest of it or why it chose to save that portion or version of it. My candidate, the sitting mayor and the upstart are very likely going to have a runoff in November. Can't wait.

There was nothing on TV tonight so I decided to try on my halloween costume to see how it looked with Rockets Dragon costume. I also decided that we were both done with the cone. His ear looks luch better


And I think that is about as healed up as its going to get. I may start dosing him with vitamin E though to urge hair growth on that ear. I know scars don't grow hair, but maybe hair can grow around it? Disguise the scar a little? Anyway, the cone was making us both crazy and I am really tired of doing upholstery first aid on the futon.

So, back to the costume fitting. It does fit, it fits just fine, is just a leetle shorter than I remember it being? I wanted to go as Dragon and Mother of Dragon - I've never watched the show myself and I know she doesn't wear a sparkly blue minidress with silver leggings a silver boots. However, she does actually wear a light blue dress! Who knew!?





 She also doesn't have blue hair. So I'm kind of going as Trashy Mother of Dragon. If I really had to, I still have my long blue velvet bridesmaids dress from Brosky and Alphaglas wedding. I could get a long blond wig - they sell them in the character correct style even, and go in that direction. But I'm not going to. I am going to try to find some sort of light blue under skirt, the dress does have lounging pants but they were made for another woman, 50 years ago and she was a very small woman who was most likely also wearing a weaponized foundation garment. A 21 century woman is not getting into her pants.


No comments: