Monday, October 9, 2017

Weekend



This weekend I did not end up at the vets office at all!! Whee! And Rocket let me take my whole shower on Sunday without freaking out! Whee!

Friday I went to a friends art show at pricey  clothing boutique and felt poor/short/fat/old but they did have hipster water to drink so when I walked in and suddenly was so thirsty I started to choke, I  was able to get something to drink. So that was good.

Saturday I did my community duty and went around the hood and put notices about the upcoming election on doors. I got  my daily steps in and made my precinct chair proud. I went, for the first time to my neighbor across the fences house and thought I would introduce myself. They have a very fancy doorbell that has a camera attached - they also have a glass door, I could see them in their kitchen. They could see me, I could see them. I stood there, smiling, with my little hand out and I put it in front of the camera so they could see I wasn't trying to sell them anything or get them to vote for anyone. It was a totally non-partisan notice : The election is October 10, you can vote form 6:30A to 7:30P at Location. Early voting started at Date and runs through Date, early voting van be done at Location.

They could have opened the door and spoken to me. We could have met for the first time.  They did not and we did not and now I know they are basement flooding assholes. Before I only thought they were  basement flooding assholes. It's better to just rip off the bandaid, and I am so going to tell my other, nice neighbors all about this! 

Onto other things.

When I was going door to door to door door. So many doors, I realized my own door is looking not its best. The season has changed and a lot of the doors looked very  season-correct and bright and very welcoming and my door looks very blah and unwelcoming and, frankly, just not its best.

I decided it needed something. I would have vacuumed the neighbors leaves off the lawn, but it rained and darn it, I couldn't do that job this weekend, again, darnies! So the next best thing was scoring a nice fall wreath for the door! I thought about getting some pumpkins, and I still might, they always look so nice and autumnal-  but then they always die and rot and that it not a nice look. So maybe, I'll get them later in the season. Anyway, Nice new wreath! Nice new doorway




I like it. It looks nice the the bricks and its very autumnal.


I also wanted to give an update on my elephant ear, I had to give it an emergency re-pot at the very wrong time of year but there was no time to dither about it. It was bit initially very happy about the move, but it adjusted and is doing much better.



I am going to replant my other elephant ear at the end of the season out of its much too small planter into a deeper and better pot




No comments: