Thursday, November 2, 2017

Clock


Do you know how you can tell you under invested in your alarm clock? You can tell you under invested in you alarm clock when you spend seventeen minutes resetting said alarm clock because it is so hard to reset. Better alarm clocks are easy to rest, you press here to set the time, you press here set the alarm. Easy. It takes a couple of seconds. Do you now how long seventeen minutes is when you are being thwarted by a piece of cheap plastic wrapped in cheaped technology? Endless. All damn evening.

 Spend too little and  there goes your evening. It is hard to reset. On purpose. Press here to reset or to turn on the radio, and here to rest or change the channel! Over and over again.  I turned it on and changed the station over and over again! I was about going out of my mind with this! And then, out of nowhere it allowed me to set the time and the alarm, after the same action was repeated over and over and over, it did what I asked. Also? I now hate Raleigh radio so much.

It all started because I looked at my alarm clock and saw it was blank. This is alarming from a digital alarm clock. Blankness is alarming. I need my alarm clock to be forever at attention, it is never allowed to go on break. I need it to be at work all the time. A  digital clock is a slave. It works 24-7-365. No days off,  no holidays no  vacation. I need it to be ready for me whenever I need it. 213AM? Right there with me, 5:02AM, right with me. I need to know what time it is when ever I need to know what time it is.

I looked at the clock and it did not know what time it was. I was flabbergasted. It wasn't blinking 12:00, it was BLANK. No clock ever just goes blank, what is blank? This is unheard of! What kind of cheap peice of shit did I buy here that goes blank when faced with a lack of power? BLANK? what kind of response to lack of stimuli is BLANK? The correct response is to blink 12:00! We all know this! This is how we know we have lost power, we have been trained. I don't understand this BLANK business? What if I hadn't noticed until I went to bed?! Gawd! I would have never gotten to sleep and now I worry about my alarm going off. Thanks POS alarm clock.

I finally got it set,  after mashing ever button on it, after hearing bits and pieces of every station in Raleigh, short answer - Thank Gawd for Sirius!  after doing the same thing over and over again: According to the directions! Suddenly it allowed me to set the time and alarm. Well,  I hope, Jesus I hope I was setting the time and the alarm! Stupid peice of shit would lie to me. The next time, probably, sooner rather than later, I buy my alarm clock from Target instead of Wally. Better quality, going to cost more but won't take seventeen minutes to re-set either.

No comments: