Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Monday

I have discovered that dozing with the dog on the couch is a very time consuming task. He's just so amenable to it! He's warm and squishy but solid . He is what I imagine those really expensive mattresses are like. I've never tried to balance a glass of wine on him but I bet it wouldn't spill after he had been a sleep for a while. I have however never bounced on him, I don't think he would like that. I think that would result in spillage. And  an unhappy dog, why would I intentionally make my dog unhappy?

But besides being incredibly comfortable and warm and lovely and all kinds of positive, couching with the dog is  also a  terrible time suck. I think I'm only going to hang out there for a few seconds and the next thing I know its been thirty-five minutes or more! It's the or more! that is very concerning and troubling, its really bad to say you are going to go and just lay down for a second or so and the next thing you know its been much more than a second or so - and its that "or so" that becomes entirely too long. It is for that reason that I am forbidden from doing  this in the morning, I don't even look at him on the couch because it is such a strong urge to go and curl up with him. I don't have a spare "or so" to burn in the morning.

In the evenings when I do have a lot more "or so's" I go to see if he will let me curl up with him because sometimes he doesn't want to share space on the couch, he can be in a mood, and he will get up and go elsewhere and that makes me feel really unloved , I mean if your dog doesn't even want to hang out with you, what kind of person are you? But then, what kind of dog have you raised?  It can really mess up my evening - right up until he needs to go pee and remembers who opens the door around here.

But if he doesn't need to pee,  I can always get him though. I just pull out the blanket and he is drawn in like a moth to a flame or a weim to a comforter. All of a sudden he wants to curl up on  my lap, he wants to be my friend, he wants to spend time with me his best friend ever. And I let him do it, every single time because I am sooooo easy.

No comments: