Monday, November 20, 2017

Weekend


I was supposed to start writing this a half hour ago but then I fell down the Amazon wish list list hole and shit happens. All I wanted to do was add a couple of things to mine and do some housekeeping before I set it loose in the wild and that made me go look at other peoples wish lists and made me wish that they would do some house keeping on theirs: You put this on there in 2011? Do you still want Foie Gra?  or Is that the only genre you read? Really? Its crap! Widen your horizons!. Then I looked at mine, I need a new car charger for my phone, I could also use another charger for work and I think I want slippers to live under my desk at work. I want to help Santa help me.

Saturday I had a good day hanging out with the fam and the dog ate my lunch bag. A visit to my wish list and a new add. Sunday, I went to The Sunday Supper , I went to the first supper last fall after Matthew and it was very nice and they raised 189K! in an afternoon. This time they weren't raising money, but they were announcing that the one time event was now a real fund raising concern that had registered with the IRS and has a board of directors and a business plan and goals and everything.

Among their goals is to spread the joy, they want by the end of 2018 to have 10 more cities have one of the dinners. So far there have been three in NC, one in Kinston, that was underwater last fall.

I think I'm not quite the mover and shaker that the even was planned around, it was also a thank you for the volunteers for the meal last fall. I was just a diner at the meal, but I did buy a couple of tee-shirts and I am now talking them up.

If you are looking for a fund raiser for a large problem or you want to help the hungry, a Sunday Supper might be your solution, go to the site, give them a call and they will help you with the logistics.


No comments: