Friday, December 1, 2017

Freezing



Instead of rushing home and walking the dog, first time this week! I rushed home yesterday to... go and buy a new freezer! Dramatic and sexy no?

First I went to "Discount Appliances R We" and they didn't have any. Lots of used stoves and refrigerators, I had wondered what they had in there, but no used box freezers. NEXT

Then I went to Best Buy. I bought my washer and dryer there and got a good deal and thought lightning might strike twice, they didn't have any in the store but offered to look online to see what they had on their site. Super I said, lets do that. They had exactly hat I wanted for $99! Exactly what I wanted for exactly what I wanted to pay! What could be better? Well. It would be better if they actually had the freezer they reeled me in with.

Other than the ideal freezer, that they did NOT have, anywhere in the state, they had a smaller one - the one I want is a 5 foot. This is smaller than it sounds, it is very small. It is about as small as you would want a freezer to be before you are dealing with a lunch bag. The next freezer they had was more expensive and essentially, a lunch bag .

I was annoyed and I left.

Onto Lowes. They, of course, had exactly what I wanted. But not for what I wanted I pay. Here it was $129 - not the worst news ever, however, if you wanted them to deliver, they tack an additional $79 on to the total. That does make it too much. If I lived in a newer house and it wasn't going into the basement I would try to heft the 79 pound beast myself, however, I don't and it does.

They charge for everything now! They are like the airlines! You buy the product, you pay for delivery and then you pay for installation! The nerve! I would totally think very hard about buying  a major appliance from them in the future. That's just entirely to many add-ons to the purchase. Why is the consumer paying for these services? hose should be just part of the service that they provide.

I don't know what has happened in the last few years but whatever it is  complete bull shit. The last place I bought that sort of thing was Best Buy and it might have to be my first stop from now on. Even with the bait and switch freezer bullshit.


No comments: