Thursday, November 30, 2017

We see something and we are saying something



I didn't have an entry yesterday. I was making dog cookies - four batches down two to go, listening to Christmas carols on Spotify, , isn't that just the best thing since sliced bread? And I finally got them into the oven to dry and I was tired . It was late, I had TV to watch and to be honest, I didn't feel like writing an entry so I didn't.

I didn't have anything to  say so I just didn't. I watched Fixer Upper, I don't like them very much and I would rather never spend time in Waco - Spoiler, it isn't really a nice town and it isn't cute. For real. Its not. Don't be fooled. And I had totally missed Precinct 99 or whatever its called, who knew Andre Braugher could be funny? Who knew that stick that Detective Frank Pembelton had so firmly up his ass on HLOTS was a misplaced funny bone?

I had things I needed to get done.

And then today we wake up and just about every guy on TV is suddenly a perve. That Today Show guy, what the hell?  "Where in the World is..." Now we know why they sent him out to the middle of nowhere - To get him out of the God Damned studio and away from the female staff! The guy was a walking HR video. And NBC does not deserve any credit for firing his hansey ass for "his first offence", apparently according to the article in Variety, he's famous his misuse of women. "Everybody" knew about him and no one did a God Damned thing.  "First offence" nothing, "first time the women went to Variety instead of your do nothing management team". You want to stop articles like this from appearing? DO SOMETHING before the victims have no other choice than to go to the ENTERTAINMENT PRESS to get their story told.

And what about Lake Wobegone guy? I thought he stepped down months ago anyway? And WTF? I saw on Jezebel, home of the Hair trigger guilty white liberal babe  a posting from a woman who had worked on PHC that he was a letch and a scum bag from way, way back and she was not at all surprised. But also, home of the hair trigger,  guilty, white liberal so "letch and scum bag" may or may not be accurate or it may be perfectly apt, hard to tell with that site. But its odd that there has been nothing, no comment no explanation.

What told all these men it was okay to be this way? I never worked with men who acted like this, I worked with a respiratory therapist who never passed up a chance to look down my blouse, so I stopped wearing blouses that could be looked down, that slime ball,  but The Today Show guy got naked in front of co-workers and gave them sex toys! I would have gone screaming to EVERYBODY if a male co-worker got naked and made a demand.

But we smile and wear blouses that button up higher, I had blouses I had to tape closed to make them "safe". When I think about it, that doesn't sound great, I should have told HR, who I also really, really disliked. I knew he did it to everyone because I was warmed about him and his peeping from one of my friends. The Whispers they talk about. Soon after that the facility closed and everyone got scattered to the winds. He's out there looking down blouses.

No comments: