Tuesday, December 5, 2017

To-Do list



I'm back. Sorry. SO much to get done. The holidays literally snuck up on me and now I have four things to get done simultaneously and I am not good at multitasking .

What I am good at as it turns out, is napping with the pets. This evening for example I took a nap with the Big kitty, at first I was doing off watching him also napping across the room and I was thinking just how pretty he is, how smooth and round and even he is. I was thinking how much like a Japanese ink drawing he looks... and I fell asleep completely.

I woke up, an hour later - so wrong, with the same cat curled up in my arms! This is not a cat that just curls up in arms! It was so nice. I felt very special and I am pretty much the only person in his life, its hard to be more special than that, and it still made me feel like I won the lottery.

Eventually, he remembered that he had other places to be and I saw that the dog seemed very lonley on the couch and I was still a little tired - what it was only 8:30, and I went to go see him. He was very open to a joint nap.

I didn't just nap the evening away, I also decorated the tree. as much as it is getting decorated. I put my yarn ball garland on the tree and it looks lovely. So Pinterest it hurts, but lovely.

It is showing its age a little, yarn does not age well in the raw, but it still looks nice,

Before
 After


Today at lunch I mailed my elf his ornement . Next summer I am absolutely going to remember to do the hand off while I am still there. It was very spendy to send a .99 ornament in a .50 box to the great white north. Wow. The box felt like it was full of air and I felt like they charged me for at least three pounds of dog food.

Still to do :
-one more cookies batch
-cookies distributed into bags
-cookie ingredient stickers made
-dog to Santa
-dog cards made
-boxes purchased
-cookies boxed, with dog cards and Chrsitmas cards
- card labels to be inputted from hard copy to computer and then printed out
-  corrected cards to envelopes and labeled and stamped
- cookies labeled
-cards, cookies mailed
- gifts wrapped

Jeebus. Posting will be sporadic.


No comments: