Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Cooking



I'm sitting here watching Kids Baking Championship and they are doing the most amazing things, I was completely impressed with myself earlier because I dumped a bunch of frozen vegetables "good for stir fry", not this time! and some chopped meat into a slow cooker with some genuine slow cooker sauce - only half the bag because I am a rebel, and left it to simmer all day and called it dinner.

That took some talent.

These children and they are children, are making  fabulously decoratedlayer cakes from scratch under a clock. I made a merely  frosted layer cake from  a box and  it took me hours of stress  and I wanted a medal. I deserved one too. These kids make me feel very bad at baking. It's a good thing I only bake dog cookies, I would kick those kids ass at dog cookies. They would grossly over think it.

I am assuming, they seem to be the type.

They know what "genosh" is, I'm not exactly sure, it's some sort of frosting item. These kids know what it is and how to correctly spell it. Today they are making dessert pizzas. They are not making the lamo dessert pizzas from Cici's or the frosted cookies from the mall either, these are fabulous and absolutely from scratch and without a cookbook - We might come up with some of these, if  we had hours, a wonderful cupboard, great cookbooks and some inspiration. They have the cupboard, a couple of hours, but no cookbooks, and they are are are Eight years old .We are not being judged by Duff Goldman and Valerie Bertinelli either.

I  did feel bad for one of them, Duff made a Harry Potter reference, and the kid did not get it! How does a kid not get a Harry Potter reference? It tells you how much time the kid spends in the kitchen and how little time the kid spends being a kid. I think its more important that the kids gets a Potter reference than can give you six uses for genosh.

No comments: