Thursday, January 11, 2018

Wednesday



Yesterday I crashed and didn't write an entry. Sorry. I came home, walked the dog made dinner and sat in front of the TV and caught up with the shows I missed the night before because I fell asleep then too.

I kept myself away tonight though. The cold made me lazy, allowed me to give into my most slothful urges, bad, bad urges to just not do things. Anything.  Come home, change into my slippers and become one with the couch. The dog didn't even want to do anything more advanced than to quickly relieve himself and then run back inside and curl up on the couch under a blanket. The cats even curled up with me while I was awake! They never do that! I'm not supposed to ever see them being cuddly, its some sort of union thing with them I think. I know now why some  people in Michigan get big, I would be too if it was that cold all the time all winter. I would just become one with my couch and I wouldn't move all winter. I probably wouldn't move once it got warm either, it was just going to get cold again soon and why burn energy I'm going to need to stay warm?

I didn't even take the dog for a walk in the really cold mornings mornings! Too. Cold., Not safe for the dog or I. Finally, it warmed up-  Tuesday morning it wasn't even all that cold and I still didn't walk the dog because I had gotten used to not walking and I liked it. I prefered not walking in the cold and dark to walking in the cold and dark. Who would have thought staying in my nice warm house would be preferable? I told myself that it was safer to avoid it, its a bad idea, really putting a target on my back. Because there are so many people out at that hour ( between few and none) and I am so not armed with a huge, easily started in the dark dog. He really is, he is on a hair trigger in the dark. He's not at all like that on our walks in the daylight, very easy going and chill, not in the dark. No chill at all. I like that about him.  And in the dark he looks like a Doberman. I also like that about him.

Had to break that cycle though. Walked the dog in the dark and colder then Tuesday this morning! Back to work for me. Today was colder all day than it was Yesterday when it was almost springlike and was such a nice change from the deep freeze. Actually, I couldn't tell you what the temp was or if it was actually really "spring like", it was probably not over fifty, which isn't really nice or spring like but it is about forty degrees warmer than it has been so it was a shock to my system and it read as really warm and spring like .

I was just happy to be outside and nothing hurt after a few minutes. Despsite the warm up my hands are totally like sandpaper though, I blame the heater at work, ( because at home, I don't have such problems and my hands aren't red like a lobster when there) my hands are dry  and my mouth and eyes are like the sahara. I blame the "heat" but  the building is an ice box. Such fun. 

No comments: