Thursday, January 25, 2018

Wednesday



I started off this morning my dropping my phone into the dogs water dish, the dish I had just filled with water... Fortunately, it was just "filled" because I didn't want the dog to drink a full bowl of water when I am going to be gone all day, so in reality it fell into a juice glass versus a water goblet - but it still took a bath and cell phones do not like water.

I grabbed it out right away and it was in a case and I think its okay. The phone was advertised as being built to be able to deal with quick baths anyway, so it's good to know that they weren't lying about  its features. I did get a notice about the charging port had gotten wet and it was unhappy about it, so on the way to work I held it up to the heater and let it dry. The notice disappeared by the time I got to work, so I guess it got over it. Here's to hoping.

And then I spent the day at work.

I came home and walked the dog and while I was on Fayetteville street I had a really nice conversation with a jewelry salesman guy I've had a nodding acquaintance with for years. We had a an actual conversation and it was really nice, we talked about how Fayetteville Street itself had changed over the past decade, it went from being a completely unused by actual pedestrians Pedestrian Mall,  but it scored very high with drug dealers and assorted lowlifes, it was a great place to mug and be mugged. Today at great expense, it has been reverted to being a very well used street - he kind of like it as a Mall, he liked the people watching aspects it allowed. He used to have a photography studio on the mall back in the day.

Before he had the studio, he also used to be an OG  and was involved in drugs and scared the cops on Martin street, but that was a long time ago, before things changed here and before  new people moved in. He noted they aren't even "like me", I'm not sure what he meant but I think me means younger and more affluent and less aware of where they are. They bitch about everything! They want to be near downtown and restaurants and museums and culture but bitch about being near downtown and its culture. Its hard to explain to these people that they live in Southeast Raleigh! Just because they paid way too much for their house doesn't mean they paid to not live two doors down from section 8 housing. There will be gun shots and there are poor people, but mostly there will be fire crackers.  Stop calling the police because someone sets off fire crackers. They sky is not falling.

The man knew Nigal the drug dealer! The man has had a life. Now he sells hand made jewelry on Fayetteville street.

No comments: