Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Monday



I would have had a written entry on Friday but I would have had to have a working keyboard when I sat down to write it and I did not, so there you go, I had a working keyboard Sunday night but I was watching the Super Bowl. Deal.

So,tonight, while I have a few minutes before The Alienist comes on, and my keyboard is working, I spent Saturday running errands before it starting raining and then Sunday, once the rain settled in, I made some very nice chicken soup, that turned quite good, by-the-way, even with the store bought chicken broth, and finally put my tree in the attic. I did a lot. So to reward myself, I watched a lot of TV.

The dog and I did get a walk on Saturday while it was nice and while my soup was simmering, but I made my fitbit very sad on Sunday. Because it rained all day, without stopping. There was no break from the rain all day. It wasn't even all that cold out, but it managed to be so damp and wretched that it made the inside of the house colder by comparison.

My fitbit has been very disappointed with me lately, I expect any day now to see some sort of "See Me" email to arrive from it asking if there is anything it can do for me and reminding me of my goals.  Sometimes my fitbit can really go to hell, I am not going to walk in the driving rain or the bitter cold, I'm just not going to to. I also am not going to walk in the dark - but you can't explain that to it. It doesn't care. It is heartless . It does its job and it fully expects that you are as dedicated to yours as it is to its. It just does not understand why you are not as gungho as it is! It is all about getting in that work out and making sure that you get all of your steps! It really is dedicated to your success and it really wants you to be as dedicated to physical fitness as it is. It forgets that it is a machine and you are not.

No comments: