Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Monday



I was going to walk the dog after work. I mean I was going to walk the dog his regular nice long walk to and from downtown. But then I actually went outside and discovered that it was cold and wet and windy and gross and I had to change my plans. And my clothes. I needed more and warmer

I radically changed them my clothes and my plans. For a few minutes I wasn't going to walk the dog at all. It was too gross. But I knew better, I was going to walk this dog, damn it and it was not going to be me just taking the dog out to dog his business and then locking ourselves inside in front of my fake fireplace for the the night. I do not get that lucky

 But I was hopeful, sometimes I get lucky, and I am hopeful. And then he did not do his business. All hope is lost. No, I do not get lucky. I am not a lucky person, I've never have been, they say you make your own luck but I've never had the recipe.

And we had to go for a walk. A short walk, around the the block. Do you know how long "around the block" is when it is 40 degrees colder, windier and rainier than when you went to lunch? It is a really long walk! It is significantly longer than the stated .30, I can tell you that much. Significantly longer. And wetter and windier. And no fun. At all.  I've done that walk in all kinds of weather and its always about the same distance, but it has never been longer.

By the time we got back, colder, wetter and more windswept than when we left, we were not happy and the dog all but through himself at the door. He also felt significantly "better", so it was not a wasted trip. Dog ownership is not for lazy people or for people afraid to get wet or cold or wind swept.

Cats do not require so much from you. Kitties, love them.

Then, now cold and wet and windswept, I decided I needed to change clothes. The dog and cats and went upstairs and due to the cold and wet and windy-ness of the walk, we were forced to take a nap. A very nice nap.  It was necessary for our recovery and is most likely what stood between us and the flu. So it was completely necessary that we took that nap.

And then we had dinner.  I made spaghetti squash and ground meat with red sauce for Sunday dinner and it was even more outstanding on day two.

No comments: