Wednesday, February 28, 2018

To Serve.



Today was Pancake Day! I was very excited about Pancake Day because apparently it means that at IHOP t means that you get free pancakes, at least between 7a and 7p and I had every intention of claiming my free stack, carbs be damned, free pancakes!

I picked up the dog at daycare, rushed home, all the while planning my meal and picking my sides out. The pancakes are free but man can not and should not live by carbs alone, what kind and how many sausages do I want to order? How about some veggies? Do I want to order some de-caf?

 I needed to rush because of a staff meeting ran over, I fed the dog, and then quickly put the dog back in the car and went to my semi-nearest Ihop. I would have gone to my nearest Ihop, and that one is much nicer and newer and cooler but that one has NO PARKING and I knew that today was going to be a big day at the IHOP and parking was going to be important.

So I toughed it out and went to my next nearest, a much less nice and new and significantly less cool IHOP in Knightdale, thinking how many people are going to be still there at 6:30?

Everyone in Knightdale was still there at 6:30! The parking lot was full and there was a line out the door at 6:30 and people were still arriving.I was shocked and horrified and knew I was not going to get my pancakes before 7p.

They must have advertised the hell out Pancake day! There must be some secret channel that IHOP fans have access to, because  I saw one brief thing about it on Facebook and that was it. Who were all those people?! Could that have been a regular Tuesday night at the IHOP?

I left, now really, really hungry and went to KFC, where I ordered extra crispy and they were out. I was now left with rather limp regular recipe and no pancakes.



No comments: