Friday, February 23, 2018

TGIF



For those of you keeping track, Rocket has safely gotten his bordetella shot and is once again street legal and fit for public consumption. His daycare requires he get it twice a year but other facilities are okay with once a year.  He's good for another six months.

Go us. And so fast forward walk, dinner, rerun watching, trying to decide what I'm wearing to work tomorrow, already thinking about what about lunch tomorrow -  do I go to my regular Chinese place and try out their unfamiliar to me fish options and waste valuable lunch time dickering over choices or do I just go with my McDonalds fish burger, that I know I like and have a proper lunch hour? I like to do my worrying ahead of time.

Right now I am watching Olympics, Drag Race and Project Runway. I can't actually watch three shows at once, so I had to jettison PR and set it to tape later.   

Finally! Ladies ice skating! This is why we all tuned in! Not to watch Finns and Chinese speed skate! No one wants to see that, we are watching because everyone wants to see the ladies  ice skating, this is The Winter Olympics! This is why we watch and it is insulting that they keep putting it on later and later and putting it on off-channels and online only.

If you are going to hide something, hide curling or one of the 400 different speed skating varieties or long distance skiing. And really? Its nice that NBC is being good about showing sports we have no chance in hell at ( kind of like ladies ice skating, when I think about it) but stop cutting away from skating to really dull sports we aren't even pretending to be competitive at so they can say how many sports they are covering.  I even want to see ice skaters from Jamaica!

But. I won't be able to see the really, really good skaters because they won't hit the ice until way after my bed time and I know if I tape it, I won't watch it because I'll already have the results. and I'm mad at the Russians and their non-team anyway. They shouldn't be there anyway. Drug fiends.

No comments: