Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Cold.



Today was an errand day. I ran errands at lunch and after work! But now, I have meds and cat food, so thats good, I ran out of cat food just about all the way and I really needed more cat food on Monday but MOnday I had to make a wild goose chase in the opposite direction to Sam's for the one med refill I actually did need but they wouldn't give me - they had three others they were more than happy to give me, that I didn't need, and didn't want. I love going there and getting nothing but greasy pizza for my trouble.

But today I went after work and skipped the pizza step and  I got all four refills! and at lunch I got new cat food and after I got home I had my first long walk of the season with the dog. And it wasn't raining or snowing! It was too cold and kind of windier than I would like and I should have been wearing a hat - but it was okay. I had time before we left to change clothes and get dinner started enough that all I had to do was throw it in the oven and turn on the stove when I came home.

In a week or so, I'll be able to prepare, make and eat dinner before our walk . Today I probably could have, but I am in the habit of coming home and just leaving. It takes a while every season to get out of the habit.

What I am really looking forward to getting out of the habit of is being cold and flipping through my wardrobe of coats Is it really, really cold? and while its that cold, is it dry or is it wet, I have two choices here. Is it just cold? is it cold and windy? Is it raining? Is it cold and raining? Is it just raining? Is it merely cold? Is it just cool? Is it windy? This sounds more fun than it is and I don't really live in a cold climate!

And lets not even get into my vast collection of  various degrees and varieties of gloves and mittens and hats and hat things and scarfs and ear coverings and whole face protection. They don't all offer any real protection but some are very cute. The less cute they are the more protection they offer, its a double edge sword. You can be cute or you can be warm. If you are successfully cute and warm you are under the age of seven or you aren't afraid of looking like a seven year old.

What I do look like is the Michelin man . But its okay, because no one ever said the Michelin man looked cold.

No comments: