Friday, March 9, 2018

TGIF


The dog and I are engaged in a battle. My argument is I just took him out. We were just in the yard, He asked to go and I took him out because I believe strongly in the idea that if the dog asks to go outside that you should take the dog outside to reinforce the message that if he wants to go out, all he has to do is ask. He asked, I took him out, and he dug around in the shrubs, I stood around in the dark and we went inside. He now wants to go out again.  The problem is that he went out there to play around and not do what he needed to do, I let him the leash  and he dug in the garden, the next time he asked to go out, I let him off his leash and he ran to end of the lawn and ran back and dug under the shrubs.

I said, fine, be you and left the yard and stood on the other side of the gate to see how long it would take him to notice I was not in the yard anymore. He stopped playing and ran to the gate, super awesome, because its cold out and dark and the yard is not fun.

I understand his issues, we didn't get a walk because I needed to get my fabric for my new curtains and the fabric store is in BFE and they close at 6pm and away we went.

Do you know how much space a bolt of fabric takes up? A Lot. For some reason, I was thinking it would be folded up? No no , not upholstery fabric, it comes on a bolt. Bolts are big, you can't just find somewhere to put a bolt of fabric! Do you know what Rocket would do to a bolt of fabric if he was left alone with it? I can guess and do not want to give him a chance to discover the possibilities on his own. I put it in the back seat and him in the front, he was not impressed. There is not enough room to spread out properly in a bucket seat. He pouted all the way home.

And its not just one bolt, I had to get liner fabric as well. That means two bolts of fabric, two bolts that are not easy to get into your car. And this fabric, these bolts that are in my life now, they are both WHITE. White fabric might as well be able to grow legs and dip itself in spilled ink. I don't even have any bottles of ink and I know the fabric is going to find some to dip itself in.

White curtains! What was I thinking! But look at the birds! I love the my birds! I did get heavy black out lining so that they will be heavier when they are hung than the fabric looks  now and they will fall well and have some body to them.


No comments: