Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Wednesday


Yesterday I drove up to the house after work and I thought "Wow, the yard looks really nice", which is weird because lately when I've driven up to the house I've thought "Wow, I really need to mow the yard, I think I'll do it after I walk the dog". And then I come back from walking the dog and I say "Wow, the yard doesn't look all that bad, I think it can wait until the weekend", and then the weekend rolls around and it rains.

But yesterday the yard magically got mowed without me. How often do the yard work fairies actually come out and actually do the yard work you aren't going to do? I mean, for real? The yard work fairies mowed my yard! I hope and pray for them all summer and lo and behold they appeared in the spring! When I didn't hope of pray or even need them. Those yard work fairies!

In real life, the yard work faires did not mow my yard. The Lawn Mower guy mowed my lawn without asking and then I had to pay him for essentially trespassing on my property and mowing my lawn without permission. What if I didn't want him to? What if I had been planning on doing it myself? What if I had a contract with someone else to do mow the lawn? I mean, there are a lot of what ifs in the play here. The man took a pretty big gamble here. I could have just taken it as a gift, like free address stickers in the mail, I didn't ask for it, yet, he did it anyway. I owe nothing for the service provided.

But I paid him and now my lawn looks very nice. He wanted to mow the back and I told him No. I have the back and besides, it looks okayish for the time being. He can mind his own business for now. I'm half surprised he didn't go back there just for yucks. Or he did, decided it was too yucky and turned around, I wouldn't blame him. I could pick up the dog shit but it feels like I just did that  and its so not that much fun, I prefer to wait for it to turn to fertilizer - sadly, that takes a while and in the mean time it is a hazard. I don't spend much time back there after dark - but why would I spend much time back there after dark? Its dark! I don't think Rocket likes the dark anyway, he's weird that way.



New curtains! Aren't they swell? The only problem is, my fireplace is the wrong white. I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture but in real life you can tell. That might have to be the next project after painting out the hot pink with a new gray on the back walls of the built in book cases. And spraying the little picture frames gray. Or black or red. It depends.


No comments: