Monday, April 30, 2018

Dog Day Afternoon

\

Sunday I took Rocket over to Dix for the the Pup Up Dog Park. A good time was had by all. And by "all" I mean hundreds of dogs and people! It was a full house! The field that was being used had been an activity space for the patients at the hospital. It had  playground equipment and a basketball court and baseball field and some work out areas. It was fully fenced and is now crying out to be a dog park. It has trees and seating and easy parking and would be a great dog park.

Rocket played with the dogs but his favorite activity was going up to people and saying "Hi! I'm Rocket! Pet me!" The crowd was packed with professional dog petters  and  so they were happy to do whatever he wanted. And he was such a whore too, he would just trot up to a seated person and say "Hey, why aren't you petting me?"

I missed the memo about bringing  a blanket and chairs and lunch, because the people who did get the memo looked like they were having a blast. I still had a really good time.He did this over and over again. I think he spent more time with people than he did with dogs and he spent a lot of time with other dogs.





Look how big that dane is compared to Rocket!




No comments: