Monday, April 16, 2018

Monday



I was so good this weekend! I mowed the front yard, I did laundry and put it away and I got my weekly shopping done and put gas in the car!  And on Sunday I watched  several episodes of Monk one after anoter which is kind of like reading one of those books set in a yarn store where the main protagonist is a cat who solves murders.

I also spoke with the lawn mowing guy about mowing the jungle in the backyard but he ran away and hasn't been back, and so I don't know the status on him actually doing anything about the jungle - but I know I am not going to tackle it.

I might just have to get used to the Natural Look.

My front yard looks great, very sleek. I am happy with it. Right now however I am listening to the wind outside and hoping that everything stays where I left it outside. Already my lovely vines around my front door have been blown down and are now my  climbing vines are crawling  around my front porch deck. This is not lovely. The culprit, along with an assist from the wind was the wire that I had around my front door snapped and my plants fell to the ground. Not okay at all.

The dog and I took a walk while we waiting for it to get ugly, while it was just windy, we could have taken another walk later but it was much visually uglier then and I didn't to hedge my bets. It still hasn't really started raining yet so I could, in theory go out now but I really don't want to and I don't think the dog really wants to either. Its very windy and he hates wind, it makes him uncomfortable and upsets his inner sonar or doggy GPS or whatever. Its just easier to take him outside and let him pee under the carport and not mess with a full on walk.

Oh. And I forgot. The dog had a chance to kill a mouse on Friday and he completely muffed it. We were coming back from our walk and I saw what I thought was a baby bird on the ground, running. And then I thought "Baby birds don't run that fast. Have I seen a baby bird run?" , and then we got closer and I discovered that it was not a baby bird it it was a mouse!

Now, I just had a discussion with Brosky about how his much smaller and younger dog killed a Vol - On Purpose. His dog is a Boxer, a dog from a breed without a prey drive, and she still killed the little beast because she knew it needed killing. My older and bigger dog and from a breed with a well developed prey drive just chased it up and down and sniffed it! He could have killed it with a single tap from his paw! All he had to to was throw it in the air a couple of inches with his nose and he could have killed it from fear alone. But NO. the little beast went on the spread disease another day.

I was very disappointed. This is the same dog that tries to climb trees to get squirrels! Like he would even know what to do if he caught one! I would probably end up with a pet squirrel.

No comments: