Friday, April 13, 2018

Not being served.


I came into work tired. I woke up every hour on the hour to look at the clock. I wasn't awake all night, I slept, I just woke up frequently to look at the clock. So. Much. Fun. Loved. It.

 Later on in the morning when I was putting on make up I looked like I had been punched in both eyes. It is not a good look. This is why I invested in good quality make up, I went from "victim" to "How Can I Help You!?" in minutes. True, someone told me I looked pale once I was at work, but I would rather look pale than  punched.

Before I was "pale", I marched into my office head on straight, shoulders square, all ready  to work and turned on the computer and signed in to the first three or four places we have to sign in and then nothing. Place five wasn't responding. And hasn't responded all day. I was all ready to do my work and be productive and all of that and I and everyone else got stopped at the border. No work for us.

It didn't respond at 6: 40am and it is now 2:10pm and it is still not responding ( 4:00pm, left for the day, still not responding). I was sure that when I left to go to lunch at noon, I would be greeted by a fully functioning computer when I returned at 1pm. I counted on it. I was sure that by the time I got back ( I was supposed to eat a protean bar in my car, but after suffering with no computer all morning, I decided I needed to be rewarded with McDonald's, I got a very nice Happy Meal and a tiny stuffed  Emperor penguin)





 ...Everyone else would be playing catch up - because they promised us at 6:50am that they just had to get the server back up and it would be "five minutes" Longest five minutes ever. We after all have people who have taken a lot of courses on how to work on computers working on our computers! None have degrees in it, but damn it, they have taken a lot of classes from the state. Its a wonder we have functional computers at all.

Everything else they feel completely comfortable outsourcing but our IT they keep in house. We can tell.

And now I have a headache. I don't know if its from the computer issue or the weather issue or something organic, I blame IT.

No comments: