Friday, April 6, 2018

TGIF



All this working at work has got to stop, two days in a row and I come home and have no desire whatsoever to immediately go for a miles long walk or go for a walk or do much of anything. I do however want to shut my eyes for just a second though...

It ended badly for Team Take the Dog For a Walk, but Team Nap With The Dog pulled out another win. The dog seemed just as happy the time he would have been out walking, napping, so at least he was satisfied. My fitbit is not speaking to me.

Its just so wrong, I need to not be such a good worker and go back to spending the day goofing off and playing with phone. I go for more walks after work and when I goof off more. I did finished another book today, now I have to find another. I want another title by the same author, Martin Cruz Smith, but he is not cheap and even one of his back titles is  pricey. I might just suck it up though because I haven't read Gorky Park is years and it is a good book, but I read a bit of one of the newer books and I liked it too - I can't get both, that's too much of an investment - so maybe I'll draw lots and see which one I end up. MCS writes a lot but I'm only interested in one  of his characters, so its not like Im going to buy his entire oeuvre .

Its also fiction and I think I deserve credit for reading some fiction after so much non-fiction. I think its good for me. I do love a good murder mystery. Ideally, KIllers of the Flower Moon will get cheaper and I can buy that. Its a murder mystery and its non-fiction! Double score. And its about how we got the FBI, so screw you 45.

This weekend I have so much to do, I have to paint, I have to run errands, I should mow the back yard and even more fun? Its supposed to rain! So at least hopefully, I can get the painting done finally. In really, really want to. And the errands, I have errands I should run in the evening but by the time I get home I don't want to leave again and there is only so much I can get done in a lunch hour. The weekend, its like a 48 hour lunch.

No comments: