Friday, May 11, 2018

Good Morning


I should have known it was going to be a weird day. I picked up Tiny as I was making my way to the bathroom for my morning ablations, and he was really PURRING. Tiny does not PURR, Tiny purrs, his purr is almost silent. Ace PURRS, Tex  PURRED , and well, Tiny, purrs. He just doesn't have a big purr, but yesterday he was PURRING loudly. I was late getting ready because I was holding him and just soaking up the PURR coming off this guy. It was amazing.

I went downstairs to turn off my alarm, on my phone, I could use the alarm pad but its a keypad and I'm paranoid my fingers will slip and I will accidentally key in the wrong numbers and it will become fatally and loudly upset with me... Its a lot to contend with at 5:30 in the morning so I just use my phone, its a single button and no code. I get flop sweat every time I've had to use the keypad, its like "Jesus take the keypad!", its very stressful! One wrong move and you can have  the alarm company screaming at you and a SWAT team on the way. Its when I become blinded with sweat  and my hands start to shake and my fingers grow three times their size and the whole operation grows precarious and it is not a good time to become fat fingered.

Anyway, after successfully turning off my alarm, I checked my phone and there were no Twitter notices, nothing from Instagram, no CNN breaking news notices! nothing, This is unheard of. I always have Twitter, I follow people on Twitter who post all-the-time, because I think they get paid to do so and so they have no reason to keep any thought un-tweeted. Even more shockingly,  45 had managed to get us all killed or embarrassed over night.

CNN always need to announce something over night, even if it isn't really a true breaking news moment, no one had liked any of my pet pictures or posted anything new on Instagram. I began to wonder if the world had ended and no one told me.

A quick peak outside proved that it had not actually ended, the birds tweeted, the bugs bugged, cars car-ed. We had all shown up for another day. And later on, one of the random cake people I started following, followed me back. I hope they aren't too disappointing that I am more of a pet person that a cake person.

No comments: